New Neighbors League
of Dayton

HISTORY

New Neighbors League, Inc., was founded in Dayton, Ohio, in 1939 by Theodore Briggs, a former newspaperman. Out of the business of greeting new residents grew a recognized need for a social organization that allowed newcomers to meet others who were also new to the area.

Theodore’s wife, Bunny, lived in many cities throughout the United States and knew the loneliness associated with moving into unfamiliar areas. The first chapter of NNL was chartered in Cincinnati, Ohio, in 1943. As the greeting service operations were established across the country, new chapters were started.

Dayton was the home of NNL until 1986, when headquarters were moved to Atlanta, Georgia, and Cheryl Beaudreault assumed the position of National President.